This cancer support service is committed to the following principles of good practice:
- We promote equality, access and inclusiveness.
- We have respect for each other, our members and our clients.
- We have a clear mission and management structure.
- We document, organise and plan our work.
- We plan and evaluate our efforts.
- We comply with relevant legislation and ensure adherence to the agreed standard where no legislation applies.
- Our therapies are carried out by professional practitioners.
- Our practitioners are suitably qualified.
- We provide relevant vetting and training for our staff and volunteers.
- We respect the dignity and privacy of our team and service users.
- We comply with the Data Protection Act.
- Our confidentiality policy is readily available and is shared with our service users.
Gort Cancer Support complies with The Governance Code for the Community, Voluntary and Charitable Sector in Ireland. Click here to view the document